5 Management Lessons from IPL
1. Hold your Nerve: We are not talking about how IPL sells Sex. You might have experienced a lot of last ball thrillers this IPL. In the last week’s clash between KKR vs. CSK, Bravo hit a last ball six and sealed a dramatic victory against KKR Know More about this story
Lesson 1: In such type of situations it is very important that you are calm and focused on the ultimate goal because sometimes its what you do in the end makes the difference between victory and defeat. Be positive and expect the last ball will be most favorable. Be in a frame of mind to hit a six if needed for the victory.
2. A Start Studded Team doesn’t matter: The winners of the first IPL season were Rajasthan Royals. In the beginning of the tournament they were considered the weakest team. They did not have a lot of stars to their name. However, contrary to image they had in the beginning of the season RR built up an impressive 11-3 record in the 14 match league, and then went all the way through to become the champions of IPL 1 Know More about this story.
Lesson 2: Do not be prejudiced by star presence. Give chance to the newbies. There are things that can be done in a better way by them. The underdogs most of the times have bigger fires in their bellies which can also drive you to victory.
3. An All Rounder Performance: It is important that one excels in more than one area. A classic example of this is Sourav Ganguly’s performance in the Pune vs. Delhi match, where the skipper gave an all-rounder performance and made the team victorious in a big way. Know More about this story
Lesson 3: I said this in my previous blog and I say it again that companies these days are positively biased towards an all-rounder employee; one who can handle multiple tasks and still achieve the target. Do not be reluctant in showcasing the different skills you have. You will be awarded proportionately.
4. Choose your Leader wisely: We saw in IPL season 2, Royal Challengers Bangalore started with an awful performance. But once Rahul Dravid took over the captaincy, the team’s performance took a 360-degree turn and ended their IPL 2 journey being the runners up of the tournament. Know more about this story
Lesson 4: The leader should be capable of handling team and not be afraid to try out new ideas and strategies when the other ones are not working out.
5. Celebrate your Success no matter how small: Why are there cheerleaders in IPL, because it’s important to celebrate your victories. Whenever the player hits a four or a six, there is a small celebration to it.
Lesson 5: It doesn’t matter if the victory is big or small, what matters is that you relish it and also that you celebrate it no matter how small.
People Evangelist @WiC
FB : facebook.com/akash.boaz